Monday, February 11, 2013

Quick and Tasty Snack -Spicy Roasted Snow Peas

Our local Lancaster Dutch Market always carries snow peas. Generally vegetables purchased here are fresh because they probably do not refrigerate and the store is open only 3 days a week. The same goes for snow peas. Since we (actually DH) are on a quest to eat more fresh green vegetables these snow peas fit the bill perfectly. They offer room to work with unlike green salads.

Eating raw does not come to me naturally so do a simple pan roast of the snow peas with a minimum of spices and they are delicious.

Not much of a recipe really just a suggestion.

Heat olive oil in a saute pan, add the peas and toss them around till they start to blacken slightly. Sprinkle pepper or chili powder and salt and a crunchy irresistible snack is ready

This is my favorite way to cook snow peas. What is yours?

4 comments:

  1. I also have trouble eating raw food but nowadays I seem a teeny bit better when it comes to some salads. This looks really good and I'm game for anything spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never cooked snow peas but have stir fried peas peels. Sprinkling black pepper on stir fries are my fav way of adding spice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use chopped garlic and soy sauce to the snow peas - the Chinese way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate you taking the time.
Comments embedded with links, spam and in poor taste will not be published.